We currently have openings in the Junior and Senior classes to begin September 2022. The Junior class is generally 3-4 year olds and meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am – noon. The Senior class is generally 4-5 year olds and meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9 am – noon. Especially with the impact ofContinue reading “ENROLLMENT UPDATE: Accepting Applications for the 2022-2023 School Year”
The Benefits of Cooperative Preschool
A cooperative preschool is an organization run by a group of parents who want to participate in their child’s first educational experience. Parents help the teacher in the classroom, and hold a school job to aid in the maintenance and running of the school. Some parents may also serve on the board of directors thereby participating in decisions about the school and its programs.
Benefits to Children
- New experiences and a wider world to explore and enjoy.
- A teacher who encourages their sense of self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Parents in the classroom, which guarantees an excellent adult-to-child ratio.
- The opportunity to learn about the differences and rights of others by playing with children of similar ages.
- Play equipment, learning games, expressive materials, and art activities not generally available at home.
- Field trips, story-telling, musical and dramatic play, exercise for large motor muscles, and activities to stimulate small muscle coordination.
- A positive attitude toward future school attendance.
Benefits to Parents
- Participation in their children’s education away from home.
- A better understanding of their children’s individuality through observing them with other children the same age.
- A voice in school decisions and policy-making.
- Education in child development and parenting skills.
- Mutual understanding and moral support from other parents with the same concerns, interests, and challenges.
- Memories of activities shared with children.
Cathedral Park Preschool is a member of Parent Child Preschools of Oregon (PCPO). The text on this page was adapted from information provided on the PCPO website.
Eco-Healthy Child Care Endorsement
Cathedral Park Preschool is proud to be endorsed as an Eco-Healthy Child Care facility by the Children’s Environmental Health Network for another two years. The renewal of this certification demonstrates our commitment to an eco-healthy environment for the children in our care and all members of our school community.
I really appreciate the care Teacher Elizabeth puts into creating unique and varied art projects for the kids. I love to see what my daughter has created at the end of each day.– Teresa
Cathedral Park Preschool is such a caring community. My son has made some terrific friends and we have too!– John
We love the regular theme changes that happen in the second room. So far this room has operated as a grocery store, a space station, an office, an animal clinic, a doctor’s office, and more. It is so fun for the kids and the theme changes are so conducive to imaginary play.– Amy