Application and Enrollment Note
We are so glad that you are interested in joining the Cathedral Park Preschool community! Below are the steps for the CPP application and enrollment process:
1. Complete the online application form at https://www.jovial.org/cpp/register
2. Submit a $40 application fee by mailing a check to:
Cathedral Park Preschool, 7119 N Portsmouth Ave., Portland, OR 97203.
3. If a spot is offered to your family, please confirm enrollment and complete all necessary forms using the web link that is sent to you. The background check and immunization form will mailed/emailed to you and will need to be returned by mail or dropped off at the preschool.
4. Pay your $85 enrollment fee online at https://secure.qgiv.com/for/ya5bhp or mail a check to Cathedral Park Preschool, 7119 N Portsmouth Ave. Portland, OR 97203. Please make checks payable to Cathedral Park Preschool. The enrollment fee covers your child’s school t-shirt, school insurance, school supplies and one adult background check.
5. Attend the mandatory orientation session in August. The exact dates will be confirmed in the summer and emailed to you.
6. Meet with the teacher prior to the start of school to choose a volunteer job.
7. Pay first and last month’s tuition by the first day of school by check or online.
COMMITMENT TO THE CO-OP COMMUNITY
In addition to completing the above steps, your family will need commit to being an active participant in the CPP community. As a cooperative preschool, each family works to support the school and in return reaps the benefit of collective care for our children, reduced tuition rates, and a supportive community of families.
This means each family will commit to the following:
· Sign up for at least 2 or 3 parent helper days per month (dependent on the total enrollment; we must have enough parent helpers in the classroom each day to foster a healthy and safe learning environment).
· Commit to participating in at least 2 school fundraisers held by the preschool.
· Take on one school volunteer job.
· Participate in 1 or 2 theme room changes (also determined by total enrollment).
· Be an active member of the preschool community by attending 3 parent meetings (at minimum) per school year.
SLIDING SCALE TUITION
Tuition alone does not entirely cover the costs of our school. Like most schools, we budget annual fundraising goals to augment tuition income. These funds offset the cost of tuition allowing us to charge a lower tuition rate for all families and to provide tuition assistance for those in need. We also offer a sliding scale fee for tuition.
We are still finalizing our rates for the 2023-2024 school year. Our goal in offering a sliding scale tuition is to balance the cost of a wonderful preschool education with affordability for families of varying income levels.
Tuition for 2023-2024 will be posted shortly. Thank you for your patience.